Pages

Sunday 17 December 2017

Summer Learning Journey : Week 3 : Activity 2 : The Big OE ( The Big Overseas Experience )


Image result for The Big OE


Image result for American flag

In the 1980's , It became increasingly common for students to graduate from high school and then take a year off to travel and experience the world . This year was often referred to the 
Big OE ' or the Big Overseas Experience . A Number of kiwis headed to different places like Australia & England to live and work before returning to their studies .

If I were a student in the 1980's and I got to choose the country I'd want to go to , I would probably go with America , But at the same time I wanna visit another country . I'll just say America . 
Why America ? Most of the shows I watch come from america so maybe I can get a ticket once in a while to go and watch WWE shows instead of watching it on the TV. So America is where I would want to go . For now.

1 comment:

  1. Kia Ora LJ,
    I never been to America neither and I would love t go to New York and also San Francisco, I love cultural bohemian places. Furthermore, I heard that the National Parks in America are amazing!
    I think that is great that you did choose America as a potential place for you to go for your Big OE because there you would be expose to a completely different lifestyle than ours here in New Zealand and that would really expand your perceptions of the world. Way to go!
    Furthermore, I really liked that you added couple pictures to illustrate this post as well. The images made your post very eye-catching. Well done!

    Kia Kaha,
    Patricia

    ReplyDelete