Pages

Friday 15 December 2017

Summer Learning Journey Day 2 - Activity 2 : Art Deco

Image result for Self Portrait - Tamara De Lempicka


In the 1920's , A new artistic movement emerged in New Zealand and around the world . It was called  ' Art Deco ' . The Painting is a classic example of a 'Art Deco ' piece . Take a close look at the painting . Do you like it? What do you think of the color ?  

I think I would say yes . I do like this painting . I like this painting because who doesn't want a classic painting that reflects on a movement called an art deco . 
I rate this painting .... a 4 ( Good Painting ) . I think it is a good painting because it is an classic example of what an art deco means . I think it is an example because It must be a precious and good painting . Must be worth thousands , millions or even billions  if it was a painting from far back.. Either way , It is a good painting.

1 comment:

  1. Hi LJ,
    I really liked your opinion about this painting and I agree with you, that is such a classic example of what Art Deco was about as it is really glamorous. I found very interesting how some paintings, just by looking at it, can make a clear reference to a period in time.
    However, I felt that you repeat yourself here on the part the "reflects on a movement called Art Deco" and them after the rate you mentioned the same point again "it is an classic example of what an Art Deco means". Remember that a good post is not about how long you can you write but rather about the clarity and relevance of your points. For the future I want you to proofread your post before publish and ask yourself these question: Is this clear and polish? Am I answer the question I mean to? Am I explaining my reasons why specifically enough?
    Keep up the good work!
    Kia Kaha,
    Patricia

    ReplyDelete