Pages

Saturday 16 December 2017

Summer Learning Journey : Bonus Activity #5 - ​Matatini


Image result for Te Kapa Haka o Whāngārā Mai Tawhiti.

In New Zealand , a huge festival his held every two years , called Te Matatini . This performing arts festival celebrates the tikanga 
( The Culture or Customs ) of Maori . Kapa haka groups from around New Zealand were invited to attend the festival and each group would give a 25 minute performance . The performances are judged and the best teams win prizes . 

This years winners were was​ ​ Te Kapa Haka o Whāngārā
Mai Tawhiti. 
I've seen kapa haka groups perform a lot of times whether it be for farewells or welcomings . I've seen my share of performances . The kapa haka groups I've seen were really strong . They were really proud to represent their culture in performances . 

I think that they would have felt happy , amazed by the fact that they won . Because I think that they went all out to show that they had represented their culture and showed their full pride . I think they were blown away by the fact that they won . They could probably win it again next time .




2 comments:

  1. Hi LJ,

    Ruby here from the Summer Learning Journey!

    Good work with this activity. It's great to read your thoughts about their performance and also how they would have felt.

    Just a reminder that this activity listed three different performances and asked for you to rank them in order of first, second, and third. If you could do that and tell us why you have put them in that order, that would be great! That way we can give you full points for the activity.

    I look forward to reading more of your blog.
    Cheers,
    Ruby.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi LJ,

    I'm so glad that you're participating in the Summer Learning Journey. And you're trying to get a lot done in a short time, before you leave for Samoa.
    With this activity you were asked to listen to 3 performances and then rank them from your most favourite to your least favourite.

    When you start an activity, I would suggest that you read it over a couple of times so that you're clear on what the task involves. That way, you'll get more out of doing the, I think.

    I hope you've had a lovely summer holiday overall!!!

    Leslie

    ReplyDelete