Pages

Tuesday 19 December 2017

Summer Learning Journey : Bonus Activity #13 - ​Singing​ ​a​ ​Different​ ​Tune

A number of New Zealand singers and songwriters have emerged onto the music scene becoming both popular in New Zealand and Overseas . One of these artists , Lorde , is gaining a lot of recognition for her unique style in singing and songwriting . People seem to like the lyrics that she writes in her songs.       
One Of My Favourite Songs : B.E.R - Rise Up.
 I have many favourites . This is just one of them.


Lyrics :
See the world
While you're young and beautiful
Come with me
Build a dream
Life is here for us to see
Feel anew, All in tune
The melody sounds over you
Let the music make your morning groove
With the beat that makes your body move
Build a dream

Life is here for us to see

Feel anew, All in tune

The melody sounds over you

Let the music make your morning groove

With the beat that makes your body move

Say the words

(the words)

Rise up, come on and get with me

Say the words

(the words)

And feel the wave of the energy

Rise up
Rise up

And feel the wave of the energy

Rise up
Rise up

Say the words that will set you free

Hold me close

We'll see the sunrise morning glow

Sail away, feel the breeze

We'll walk the sands of seven seas

When the music takes us all the way

With the beat, the fun, that's here to stay
Say the words (the words) Rise up, come on and get with me Say the words (the words) And feel the wave of the energy Rise up Rise up And feel the wave of the energy Rise up Rise up Say the words that'll set you free (rise up) Say the words that'll set you free (rise up) And feel the wave of the energy (rise up) Let the music make your morning groove
With the beat that'll make your body move Say the words (the words) Music, man will set you free Say the words (the words) And feel the wave of the energy Rise up Rise up And feel the wave of the energy Rise up Rise up Come say the words with me Rise up Rise up See the words, feel the wave of the energy (Rise up) Say the words that'll set you free (Rise up) And feel the wave of the energy Rise up (rise up) Say the words that will set you free

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mōrena LJ,

    My name is Jordan and I'm the Kootuitui (Papakura, South Auckland) cluster manager. It's my pleasure to be blogging with you this summer!

    I just want to start by saying that you've really amazed the entire Summer Learning Journey team. I'm impressed that you managed to do so much in your holidays already, and as well as travelling to Samoa, you managed to finish the entire programme in only a matter of days!

    Thanks for completing this bonus activity; I'm glad to see that you're in tune with your musical side. I honestly had to search who "B.E.R" were; they're very interesting, an American band? Their decision to use avatars to represent themselves is also intriguing, it reminds me a lot of the band "Gorillaz" — have you ever heard of them?
    I like the uplifting lyrics of the song you've provided, do you know what they're trying to express?
    In my opinion, they're trying to encourage their listeners to pick themselves up and feel renewed. This can be found in the lyrics "Rise up, Rise up, see the words, feel the wave of energy, say the words that'll set you free".

    Ka pai again LJ, you're a rockstar!

    I look forward to reading more of your blogposts, and I hope that you enjoy your well-deserved holidays!

    Cheers,

    Jordan

    ReplyDelete