Pages

Sunday 17 December 2017

Summer Learning Journey : Bonus Activity #8 : Snail Mail

In The 1950's , most people communicated with each other by writing letters . According to the NZ history website , New Zealanders sent over 200 million letters between 1950 & 1960 . That's an average of 87 letters per person! .

Here Is My Custom Card :

Whalaa! I reveal the change to my card

This is to my favourite friend in Room 9 , Vunivalu .
The flowers represent the Beautiful flowers ( This one is a hibiscus flower ) of Samoa .
The patterns were for design but they do mean something . I'll find that eventually.
I forgot to put down a palm tree but that mean't it is going to be a calm and peaceful time at Samoa or New Zealand . Maybe Samoa.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kia ora LJ,
    I really like the patterns you created for this postcard as they are very tribal and at the same time the addition of the hibiscus flowers gave it a delicate touch. Quite pretty!
    However, for this activity you are required to design a postcard that has kiwiana elements in it. In other words, it needs to have a New Zealand iconic reference. For example you could add pohutukawa trees, kiwis and so on.
    In order for you to gain full points for this activity I need you to add some New Zealand elements in you postcard. Do you think you can do that and let me know?
    Dig in and keep blogging!
    Kia Kaha,
    Patricia

    ReplyDelete