Pages

Monday 29 May 2017

LJ - Maths Reflection : Fractions

This week for maths , we were given a task based on fractions for this week. I didn’t get to finish much , but I did manage to finish some questions. The first question I finished was this - Share 5 Chocolates amongst two people . It took me a while to figure  out but I finally got it .
You give two chocolates to each person leaving one chocolate left . Half the last chocolate equally and then give them a slice each . So the answer is
2 and one half each . I didn’t know how to write it in fraction numbers like 1/4 or something like that . The next question I managed to solve .Today , I did Task C - Share 5 pizza slabs amongst 4 people . I knew how to solve this one . Give each person a whole each which leaves one more pizza slab left . Divide it equally into four slices , Then give one slice to each person . They have 1 whole and a half each so in fraction language - ( 1=1/2 ) . The next question was Task D . The question was Share 7 mince pies amongst two people . I solved this one too . So , You give two pies to each person , leaving three left . Give one pie to each person leaving one left . Half that one and give a half to each person. So they have 3 wholes and 1 half .
Photos :

I found some of the questions easy because they aren't that hard . Because I found that halving something that is part of the question makes it easier to answer for me . 









No comments:

Post a Comment